News of events happening around our local area, and further afield
Page updated: 20th May 2022
Notices from our friends who would like to share their news and information on this website should be sent to the church office or the webmaster.
We are pleased to attach the latest Dominion Schools (Africa) Newsletter. Please let us know if you have questions about any aspect of the Charity or School.
Thank you for your continued support.
Richard, Claire, Karen and Grace Homer
The Nest Cafe
The Nest Weymouth are seeking more volunteers to help increase our opening days in the Nest Café. We need a full team for Mondays and are building and strengthening teams for other days so that we can open Monday to Thursday every week. Could you wash up over the lunchtime, 11.00 to 1.30, or offer to serve on the counter or prepare easy snacks and meals in the kitchen? Perhaps you could be flexible to work across all areas? Other shift times are 9 to 12 or 12 to 3 supporting a manager. Alternate weeks are also a fantastic and worthwhile contribution to helping the community in this way.
If you are interested and willing to help please contact Neil Hardisty.
News from Cherry Clarke (Refresh) Please contact Cherry for details.
- South West Awake Come and pray with other Christians in Weymouth on Saturday June 4th at 10.30 am for30 minutes. There will be a chain of prayer and praise all around the south west coast where we will be standing together and asking God for His Kingdom to come in the region. A table with all the locations for you to choose where to go is shown here. Someone will be there to greet you and lead the prayer time. And why not invite your small group, prayer trio and friends to join you? Visit the website.
- Refresh In Person June Praise, Sunday 26th June, 4:30 pm All Saints’ Church, Easton, Straits, Easton, Portland DT5 1HG.
Come and find out how God is using Soul Food, The Nest, The Weymouth & Portland food banks & The Westham Bridge Soup Run to transform lives.
Chat together over a bring-your-own-picnic tea from 4.30 pm or join us later from 5.45 pm for a hot drink with worship starting at 6.30 pm.
- Jubilee Weekend Just a heads-up that if you are planning a street party with your neighbours and you would like your road closed for the event, applications need to be made 6 weeks before. This link should help!
- Nativity Trail 2022 Following the success of the Nativity Trail last December the churches are again joining with the BID to do another trail on 10th December 2022. It is a wonderful opportunity to to build bridges between our communities and church, bring the nativity story alive, and sing carols together in Brewers Quay. Please put this date in your diary.
- The Nest is about to open a second shop in Littlemoor which will be open on Tuesdays and Fridays. We are urgently looking for volunteers who are willing to help in the shop, help with stock or collect food from local supermarkets. If you are interested in helping please contact Neil Hardisty asap.
- Global Cafe Mondays, 1.00 - 2.30 pm (term time only) at St Mary's Church, which is aimed at refugees, migrants, ethnic minorities and their families. A multicultural group where you can find friendship and support over free refreshments.
St Mary’s Church, St Mary Street, Weymouth, DT4 8PU. For further information contact 07739414149.
- New Refresh Website Refresh has a new website! You will find it here. Take a look and get back to Refresh if you have any helpful observations!