The latest News, Events and Notices
Featuring items of specific interest to Weymouth Baptist Church.
For other news, visit the Local News page
Page updated 18th September 2021
Do remember that if you have any words of encouragement, answers to prayer, or other news for the WBC News, please send these to Sue via email ideally by Wednesday lunch time.
- News Updates
- Dates for your Diary
Sue Sparks is away from the Church Office next week, Wednesday 22nd- Friday 24th September. Please forward any news updates for next week's email directly to Ted Winter.
- The Ladies Zoom Meetings have now restarted on Wednesday mornings at 11.30 am.
They would love to see some new faces.
See Pauline Hardisty for the Zoom login details.
- Harvest is 26th September - see below.
- Harvest Celebration and Fun At St Aldhelm's Church Centre, Sunday 26th September, 3 - 6 pm. See the Local News page for full details.
- Walking Weyfinders
On Tuesday 12th October Mary Bennett will focus on historical sites around Easton, Portland starting at 2.30pm. Gill Bridle
- The next Church Members' Meeting will be held on Zoom on Tuesday 19th October, 7.30 pm. All welcome.
Weyfinders first autumn gathering will take place at Holme Garden Centre and we invite you to join us for lunch at 12 noon on Tuesday 26th October. Book this date in your diaries - further details will appear later so watch this space.
- Upcoming Sunday Services
Visit our Worship Services page.
Access to Weymouth Baptist Church BuildingsIf you have reason to go into the premises (by whichever door you use) please can you sign in and out so that we have a record of who has been in the building for track and trace purposes. There is a sign-in sheet on the table as you go into the side corridor from the side entrance door, and also one on a clipboard at the bottom of the WBC office stairs.
Weyfinders news for Autumn/Winter 2021 and 1922
We are delighted to tell you we have planned a new programme for the rest of this year and into next as well. We have also been greatly encouraged by the number of walkers and the new faces we have seen. Our thanks to those who have organised these interesting and very pleasant walks for the fit and able of us, and the shorter distance strolls to include the not so able. Great exercise for us all. Thanks also to those who have given us an end of the journey treat - cups of tea, delicious cakes, scones etc.
The new programmes will be ready shortly, listing both the Weyfinder gatherings and the Weyfinder Walks.
Everyone is welcome, we so look forward to seeing you; we have something for all.
We have been blessed during the pandemic by the care and help that many of us have received in various and special ways; thank you to all involved in serving the Lord in this way. June Stephens
Church Cleaner Wanted
WBC is looking for a church cleaner.
This is a paid position, 8.5 hours a week to suit applicant. Contact Neil for details.
We've had a request to help a young man from Testwood BC, Southampton:
“Benji is 18 and has been employed on an apprenticeship degree with BAE systems based in Weymouth. He is looking for short-term lodgings initially just Monday to Friday. We were wondering if you might know of anyone who takes in lodgers or are looking for temporary house mates. Benji is the son of some of our closest friends and is a very mature and personable young man and we would happily recommend him to anyone you knew of."
[They add that Benji is an organised sort of chap but his arrangements have unexpectedly fallen through, hence the urgency].
If you can assist Benji, the contact address is Paul Lailey.
CAP Life Skills
See the CAP page for news on this free course starting 23rd September.
- To staff up the AV Team as we go back into the church building for worship. Whether you‘re a hotshot with sound desk mixing or can drive a basic PC your support on a rota to provide sound and vision on a Sunday morning would be gratefully appreciated. Please contact Murray if you might be able to help. Thank you.
- WBC Crèche We are in real need of helpers whose job role will be to help watch and interact with the children in our care, with the help of the session leader. This will include a wipe down of all toys that are out before, during and after, and also to help pack away them away. Due to children moving up to new groups, and their parent helpers also moving on, we have a real shortage. If we were to lose any more we really would not be able to provide this service for our wonderful children and families.
If we were able to add just 2 more helpers we would be able to have each person only on once a month. If you feel that this is something you can do then please don't hesitate to get in touch with myself.
P.S. We are not operating the crèche until at least the 3rd Sunday that we are back in the building.
Thank you so much, God bless,
Crèche leader at Weymouth Baptist Church