The latest News, Events and Notices
Featuring items of specific interest to Weymouth Baptist Church.
For other news, visit the Local News page
Page updated 21st March 2020
- Kathi Chapman, Sian (Brenda Woodsford’s daughter), and Andrew Wallace.
Mission Support Prayer Team
Find out about and pray for “Mission at Home & Abroad” at 2.30 pm on Thursday 26th March at the home of Len & Rosemary Croft.
Looking at the book "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. 1.15 pm at Rhiannon's house. The next meeting - Thursday 26th March, Chapter 16.
Church Members' Meetings 2020 (Subject to confirmation)
The dates for this year will be at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 28th April, Tuesday 14th July, Tuesday 13th October.
2020 Church Weekend - Reserve the date in your diaries
To be held at Moorlands Bible College, near Christchurch. Not yet booked? Please pick up a booking form from the Welcome Area today – we need your completed forms and deposit by 24th April.
The weekend will include worship time, sessions from our Guest Speaker (Ben Lucas, a Baptist minister from Charlton Down), a games afternoon for the ‘energetic’ and a Saturday social evening – all with the added bonus you won’t have to do any cooking all weekend – whether camping or residential!
- Kindly inform the Church Office of any changes to your details i.e. address, telephone number or email address. Many thanks.
- Please send all pastoral matters to Peter Mockett. Thank you.
- Peter’s day off is normally a Monday.
Spring Harvest 2020
If anyone is planning to go to Spring Harvest, week 2, (13th - 17th April), please contact Sue Sparks.
- Rhiannon is asking folk to save their kitchen tube rolls for Kids on the Wey. Also, any spare green paper (any shade and any size but it needs to be green).
- If you wish to borrow anything from the WBC kitchen for private use, please ask either Pauline Hardisty or Sue Sparks.
- Timo is still looking for a 2-setter settee for the Youth area.
Vacancies at WBC
- The crèche We are seeking to find more help for the crèche at WBC. Please speak to Leighanne Hart if you are interested.
- Communion Could you offer to help set up and clear away when we have a morning Communion Service during 2020? If you would be interested in volunteering to go on the rota (approx. 3 to 4 times a year), then please contact Sue in the Church Office.
Sunday Coffee Is there anyone sitting in church each week who would happily serve coffee but doesn't belong to any of the coffee groups? If so, please contact Pauline Hardisty Tel. 785314 as we would love you to become part of a new team for the next rota.
Kitchen helpers Jayne Newton is looking for help in the kitchen on Wednesday mornings (Treasures) and Friday evenings (Kids Club) during term time only. These groups are growing and they need help with preparing/serving/clearing up. If you are willing to help, even if only for an hour once a month, please see Jayne or message her Tel. 07522 281539.
Kids on the Wey Is there anyone who would be interested in supporting Kids on the Wey by becoming a helper once a month? Please speak to Rhiannon Spracklen.
Maintaining the Church If any WBC members would be prepared to help out with any general minor repairs, including 'fixings', plumbing, painting or woodwork at the Church, please email the Church office if you are willing to share your DIY skills, including any specialist qualifications. Many thanks.
Care and Share
Do you have items in your cupboards or sheds you don’t need?
Are there items you do need?
See the list on the notice board in the corridor.